Grid Iron is the data controller in respect of any personal data we collect about you. We have appointed a data protection officer who is responsible for monitoring our data protection compliance. If you have any questions about your information or its use, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org 0131 555 5455
Data Protection Officer, Grid Iron, Suite 4/1, 2 Commercial Street, Edinburgh EH6 6JA
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Grid Iron will only collect your information when you decide to allow us to process your personal data. Grid Iron will always ask you to positively ‘opt-in’
- when you consent to receive emails from us
- when you join our Friends Scheme or any other supporters scheme
- when we send out an annual audience survey to inform completion of our required Statistical Analysis for Creative Scotland. This information is again anonymised.
We may also receive your information from a third party; e.g. an artistic venue’s box office, when you have given permission for such data to be passed on.
Google Analytics collects information about how visitors use our Digital Applications, the results we receive are anonymised
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We only collect the information required to allow us to fulfil the action you have given us permission to complete depending on the service you want. We may collect:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Social media name
- The annual survey will also ask for equality, diversity and inclusion information but this is collected anonymously and is not individually recorded or passed on.
Grid Iron will not share your information with a third party, e.g. a co-producer, venue partner, unless we have received your explicit consent.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
The information we hold will be used in several ways:
- To send you information via email about upcoming productions and tours
- To keep you updated with Grid Iron via an email newsletter quarterly
- To send you information about supporting us as a registered charity
- To ask for audience feedback about a specific production; we may use this feedback in funding applications or evaluations
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Grid Iron will never sell or rent your personal information for financial gain. We will also never share or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of Grid Iron for the performance of any contract we enter with them, e.g mailing houses (Mailchimp), survey providers (SurveyMonkey)
- When required to do so by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
Grid Iron is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from www.gridirion.org.uk
ACCOUNTABILITY AND GOVERNANCE
GDPR includes provisions that promote accountability and governance. These complement the GDPR transparency requirements. While the principles of accountability and transparency have previously been implicit requirements of data protection law, the GDPR’s emphasis elevates their significance.
Grid Iron will put into place comprehensive but proportionate governance measures; good practice tools such as privacy impact assessments and privacy by design. Grid Iron will:
- implement appropriate technical and organisational measures that ensure and demonstrate that Grid Iron complies.
- maintain relevant documentation on processing activities;
- appoint a data protection officer;
- implement measures that meet the principles of data protection by design and data protection by default.
- All emails we send will include details of how to unsubscribe
- At any time, you may ask for your information to be amended or stop how we use your personal data.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like to see what information we hold about you, you can also request full details of personal information we hold under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting the Data Controller. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to email@example.com
If you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using these contact details.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org (include in subject: FAO Data Protection Officer)
By phone: 0131 555 5455 (ask for the Data Protection Officer)
By post: Data Protection Officer, Grid Iron, Suite 4/1, 2 Commercial Street, Edinburgh EH6 6JA
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk
Further information on data protection regulations and laws can be found here: Data Protection: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public Policy updated on 15th May 2018