Grid Iron is committed to producing exciting new ensemble work across Scotland and beyond in a variety of spaces and locations, with a special commitment to accessibility, entertainment and innovation.
We operate a cross-disciplinary, collaborative structure that allows the involvement of artists and production crew from various media at all stages of the creative process.
Grid Iron recognises the need for professionalism in business practice, an attitude embodied in the practical and artistic collaboration of producer and director.
- Grid Iron is committed to new writing in Scotland
- Grid Iron produces cross-disciplinary work which is exciting, innovative and accessible
- Grid Iron creates a flexible structure, enabling scripts to be developed through workshops and rehearsed readings
- Grid Iron has a commitment to providing opportunities for theatre workers early in their careers
- Grid Iron aims to provide strong roles for women on and off stage
- Grid Iron is committed to a policy of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Grid Iron have a suite of policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Child Protection
- Employment, Staff Development & Appraisal
- Social Media & Networking
- Risk Matrix
Grid Iron are supported by Creative Scotland as a Regularly Funded Organisation.
Our Patrons Are
Owen Dudley Edwards
Neil Weir – Chairman
Chris Hunn – Company Secretary
Grid Iron is a member of the Federation of Scottish Theatre and the Independent Theatre Council.
Registered in Scotland at 19 Rutland Square, Edinburgh EH1 2BB Registered Number: 161379
A Scottish Charity No. SC024185
VAT Registration No. 797 1784 65